Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yes, Jesus Knows Me


Psalm 139: 1-4
God's Omnipresence and Omniscience.
O LORD,

You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue,

Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

This is not going to be a long entry. I am blogging this for my own benefit, so I can go back and read it! I made this statement in a recent blog (Comfortable in Your Skin):

"But if He knows the number of hairs on my head, it seems pointless to be anything but honest with Him!"

I read something recently that really brought this thought home. It is a quote from A.. W. Tozer, in his book The Knowledge of the Holy (1961):

How unutterably sweet is the knowledge that our Heavenly Father knows us completely. No talebearer can inform on us; no enemy can make an accusation stick; no forgotten skeleton can come tumbling out of some hidden closet to abash us and expose our past; no unsuspected weakness in our characters can come to light to turn God away from us, since He knew us utterly before we knew him and called us to Himself in the full knowledge of everything that was against us.

Praise be His omnipresence and omniscience!


Nice picture, huh? AliieCat's digital camera (a Christmas present) sure is coming in handy...hmmm...wonder what we can get her this Christmas?

Mark
Prov 17:22